Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Flow of Bob Gruen





Its late at night. Scratch that- Its early in the morning and finally the Hi-Def version of "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai" is on Mark Cuban's HDMOV. Forget Frank Silva or Forrest Whittaker... I can only think of legendary rock photographer Bob Gruen's 61st birthday party nearly 4 years ago. It was the first time I heard mention of Semi-Precious Weapons by BP Fallon (legendary Irish photog and DJ that night).. It was when I saw Deborah Harry skate by and Mick Jones (The Clash, not Foreigner) Carla Rhodes the Comedian and god Mick Rock move about the same room. And then there was Jarmusch. I was a novice and I begged him for a photo but he was the first hard deny I ever endured- Granted I had no place walking amongst such giants but it is now everytime I hear a frenchman sell ice cream or shoot the RZA backstage that I cant help but think that Jim was the one that got away... Ah.. Nostaligia.

No comments:

Post a Comment